Monday, July 10, 2017

Currently in July









Outside my window...

We have a beautiful summer day here in Kansas. The sun is shining and the sky is clear and blue. I love summer skies! Don't you. Our current temp is 93* at 2:00 p.m.


Pondering..

Oh there is much to ponder this week. But since so much of what I'm thinking about is political I think I'll pass. And just sit here at my computer shaking my head. Can it get worse? Will it get worse?


Watching...

I've been watching Big Brother. I know I have some fellow fans here. What do you guys think? I'm not at all a Paul fan but if he can get rid of Cody then I'll be happy. Then it will be time for the house to get rid of Paul. Sadly, I think Paul will win. I think that is what CBS wants. Do you think production pulls more strings than we like to believe.





Reading...

I'm currently reading Brothers and Bones by James Hankins. I think my friend Wendy recommended this book some time ago. I just finished The Woman in Cabin 10 and will review it soon. I am, also, listening to The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe on audible. It is on my list of 100 Books everyone should read. I haven't read it or seen the movie. (There was a movie wasn't there). So far I am enjoying it. 



Creating...

Today I am creating this blog post and working on my weekly menu. It is hard to plan meals with Harley gone so much but I still need to eat. And I am trying to work on eating more healthy type foods so I need to plan. What are your favorite foods to eat in the summer? I love salads!!


Learning...

Well after Harley being gone for 10 days I learned that living by myself is not going to be all that bad. For three straight days I never ever left the house. That was wonderful. I also read a lot which will probably not be something I do so much when being alone is my real life. I just felt that I was on a vacation, of sorts. 


Planning....

I'm planning in my mini Happy Planner for this week. Harley is back and will be working just at McDonald's this week. McDonald's scheduled her during her swimming lesson classes so she will do McDonald's because that is where she makes the most money. She knows she isn't going to be able to work as much during the school year so she wants to build up the bank account. Wise young lady!


Growing..

Not much is growing here. I took my ficus tree (I've owned it for more than 25 years) and really cut it back and put it on the patio. It is so lopsided now. So many dead branches after two years of being inside. When fall comes I will see if it has filled out. If not, then, it might be time to let it go.

 

Drinking....

I'm enjoying my peach tea. While Harley was gone I enjoyed a couple of bottles of wine. Well half of each bottle.


What's in the kitchen...

Monday...Crunchy Taco Casserole

Tuesday..Grilled Chicken Salad

Wednesday..Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

Thursday..Grilled hamburger and fruit salad

Friday..(might eat out this night)

Saturday...up in the air
Sunday....will depend on Paige and Justin



A quote to share...













Photographing...

The first three pictures were from Harley's mission trip! The first two are of them in the van on their way to Florida. Pastor Josh and his wife are in the front seat. They are the youth pastor/wife. They have no kids of their own and do not plan to have kids. He said that is why he is a youth pastor. He can love and teach our kids and go home to a quiet house. I think he might be on to something there. 


Beautiful! Taken on the beach on July 4th
A SnapChat from my Pvt

A SnapChat from Paige








A final thought...

I still have not heard from a plumber. Sure am glad this wasn't an emergency. They have promised me this afternoon or tomorrow at the latest. Time will tell.




24 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! Like you mentioned, staying home can feel like a vacation! Over the 4-day holiday weekend, I went out ONCE. So nice, not having a schedule ... tho I fear I'm too undisciplined to let that become a habit.

    Love.That.Quote!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to not have a schedule. However I don't get much done because I, too, am undisciplined!

      Delete
  2. They did make a movie of the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, and I think a sequel to it (at least one). The first movie was good; didn't see the other one(s) or read the book. My gosh with the plumber. I just don't get it why people don't show up to work or don't contact you, etc. I'm dealing with it with the people who do our yard monthly. We don't need it more than just monthly; front yard is rocks with the weeds that grow out, back has a patch of grass and more weeds along the edge of the pool, etc. I had to track him down after the first month we arranged for service, he showed up for the 2nd month, had to track him down the 3rd month. Completely blew us off last month at which time I told hubby I'm not tracking him down any more and will find another service. The people across the street do lawn maintenance, I just don't know if it is good to mix business with neighbors, know what I mean? Glad Harley got back from her mission trip in one piece, I'm sure with lots of stories to share.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it with service people. I guess maybe they just don't want to work. Or the little jobs are just not that important to them. It was good to have Harley home...for one day! And then we are back to normal.

      Delete
  3. I eat a lot of sandwiches and salads in the summer time. Anything cool and lots of fruit too. Last week I had cherries this week strawberries and always have bananas on hand too. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh--the showmances on Big Brother are driving me crazy! And Paul and Cody are playing too hard. I kind of hope Paul's back door plan backfires, just to see what will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a BB fan. Right now I like that Rodeo Clown and Christmas, they are strong personalities. I like at the temptations it was getting a little boring. I think they should have all kinds of stuff to do just to have food and water or a shower:)
    I am glad your time alone was ok and that Harley had a good trip. What a great experience for her!
    I happened along a drink with zero calories and some vitamins, called Ice and the Black Cherry is awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had some of the Ice drinks. I personally don't care for them. Leaves an after taste. But the kids like them. Yes BB is more interesting this year. But the temptations seem more like Production meddling to me.

      Delete
  6. What is crunchy taco casserole? Glad you're enjoying your time alone, although I'm sure you'll be glad to have Harley back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crunchy Taco casserole is a hamburger helper that I doctor up. Very good!

      Delete
  7. I can give you my plumbers number. Seemed like a nice enough guy, didn't charge and arm and a leg, answered every question I asked in a polite and courtesy way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second plumber I called was your Hutch plumber. E & M. They never called back!

      Delete
    2. Strange, they always answered and returned calls for Fred and I. Wonder if the wrong person answered the phone and didn't log it proper

      Delete
    3. Maybe its because my name isn't Riney!

      Delete
  8. Your menu sounds great!

    Enjoyed getting a glimpse into your life currently. :)

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your break was pleasant. I love your youth minister's philosophy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish, sometimes, that had been my philosophy!

      Delete
  10. I hope you enjoy James Hankins. I haven't read his books but enjoyed very much listening to them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!