Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday Letters

It has been a long time since I have written some Friday Letters. I was reminded last week when Myra wrote some on her blog. I need to re-instate this because I have so much to say!


Dear God:

I don't talk to you as often as I used to. I am so sorry. I know that you know what I am thinking and what I am feeling. But I am sure you miss me talking with you. I promise to try to do better with this. As crazy as things have been this year I have needed you even more than ever. Can you see what I've been going through? Are you still holding my hand? Let's get together soon!


Dear Crazy Neighbor:

Yes, I saw you lurking behind my pampas grass the other day. With your little dog who was pooping on the lawn. I really don't care where he poops but I care when I step in it. Or Harley does and then comes into the house. If you need a doggy bag to pick it up I have several rolls in the house. And I don't even own a dog. Also, when I don't answer the door when you are knocking it probably means I'm either not home or I don't want company at the moment. Just saying. Now we need to schedule a time for a glass of ice tea. How's Saturday for you?

My sweet Harley:

Yes, I miss you! But it isn't the end of the world. I have had lots of time to read. And to cook all those things that you don't like. I haven't managed to make a crockpot of stew yet. But maybe tomorrow. I will be okay when you are gone (for good) Really, I will be. It's sweet that you worry. But I don't believe you at all.......Love, Granny

Dear Soldier:

Hello PVT! I miss you, too! I can't wait for you to come home. You have turned into such a man. Well, a man-boy! Of course I will cook all your favorites. And as soon as you send me an address I will ship you a box of homemade cookies. Even if I never made you cookies when you lived at home. You can share them with your friends and pretend I was one of those kinds of grannys. And I'll get some Hamburger Helper stocked up too. Bawha! Love you boy!

Dear Plumber:

Does no one want to do business anymore. I called you everyday for 3 straight days and never got a return call.(And we have used you for years). So I called your competitor. And they didn't call back either. Really??? Are plumbers that in demand? Or just not interested in making any money. Never mind. I have another one who is supposed to come Monday! I guess when you start charging $60+ an hour you can be selective of what jobs you want to take on. Really I don't think fixing a drip under the sink is that hard, is it? 

26 comments:

  1. Love your letter to the plumber. I was watching This Old House and they were talking about the shortage of trained workers in all areas of construction. I sure wish I had been required to take shop in school along with home economics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so frustrating when they can't even return a phone call!

      Delete
  2. I love the Friday letters! They definitely say a lot. Hope your Friday is a fantastic one and you have a good weekend too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plumbers, growing children and dog poo..well mixed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why people don't return calls for work, especially if they advertise for work. Took me several different days and calls to get people out to take care of weeds in the spring. Loved yiur letters. Schedule a short time daily to talk with God. set a timer. Make it a habit.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Friday letters Paula! That's so irritating about your neighbor letting her dog poop in your yard. That irritates me beyond measure...when they don't pick it up. I have dogs so I know they just go when and where they have the urge but to just walk on and leave it behind is so disrespectful. If I were in your shoes, next time she comes over for tea, give her a parting gift: a roll of poop bags! She'll get the message... :)

    And don't even get me started about supposed professionals who don't want to work! Thankfully I have a very reliable plumber. And contractor. But I've had issues with others and it just never ceases to amaze me how people in business don't respond to calls for service.

    Have yourself a great weekend!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Michele. I don't think she would get the message. She is a dingbat! Yes, it is so frustrating having to find one to deal with. The least they can do is return the call!

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed reading your letters!I haven't done Friday Letters in such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your letters, Paula. And it seems plumbers aren't the only contractors who don't call back or seem to want work. Like you say, when they're charging that much money, I guess they can afford to be choosy. Hope your Monday appointment works out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might be able to be choosy but it will certainly not look good when I give them their "public" rating.

      Delete
  8. Check YouTube. If it's a simple repair, you might be able to fix it yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My son tried that. It's why it is what it is now!

      Delete
  9. Oh, the NEW neighbor to the north Now I get it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you're doing Friday Letters!
    ... and so glad I read everyone's comments and learned Nosy Neighbor is a 'she' (v. 'he') ... which might have been sort of creepy. I don't mind friending someone, but just showing up on someone's doorstop without calling first is plain rude.

    I wouldn't give either of those plumbers the time of day. What's wrong with people?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually not picky about people just showing up. But, this lady will never leave.....

      Delete
  11. Letter writing is a great writing format. Yours were very entertaining. We’ve been waiting for the landscaper, since April. I think it’s time to call someone else.
    I am very particular when I walk Rico. I don’t even let him near anyone’s mailbox. Apparently other dog owners are not that way, because Rico wants to stop at every single one.
    Cookies from Granny. I’m sure they will be much appreciated!
    I have a feeling that Harley will miss you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you should be calling another landscaper! We will see if Harley misses me. She says she won't!

      Delete
  12. So frustrating when you need a service call and can't find anyone that wants the work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great letters. Hope you get the plumbing issue sorted.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!